A Chicago chowhound will visit SF tomorrow for 2 days and looking for the best restaruants for my criteria. I am sorry I couldn't do my self-search (in the middle of west coast trip...internet time has not been allowed). I will drive a car (So location wouldn't be a matter). Here are the details of my preferences.
1. Dim Sum: I haven't tried dim sum at SF yet. I was quite impressed at San Fernando valley (LA area) in the past.
2. Chinese: My focus would be seafood, noodle soup and dumpling. I ate one restaurant in a suburb (don't know the name...but many big chinese restaurants are there in a street) 3-4 years ago.
3. Seafood: I ate Swan seafood before and quite impressed. No fancy, high-end style. Just like the style of Swan. I want to taste crab, oyster, other shellfish and chowder (my best chowder is Splash Cafe in pismo beach....hopefully, one can beat them)
4. Breakfast: Haven't eat breakfast at SF. But, my friend heartly recommend Mama's, How would you think? Let me know if there's other contenders.
5. Other: Solid Japanese (sushi, udon/ramen, and tonkatsu), Italian maybe, or other Asian (Thai, Vietnamese), or Californinan (we love Houston, J.Alexander here in Chicago).
Thank you very much for your help in advance.
Updated 1 year ago | 8
Updated 6 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 5 months ago | 11
Updated 3 months ago | 18