ENOTECA SAN MARCO
Summary: What an amazing bargain, and we give a thumbs up to a good percentage of the items on the menu. We went twice this trip, and brought back some take out for a midnight snack on New Years’ Eve, so we’ve sampled a good bit.
* It is MUCH more enjoyable to eat inside the restaurant than in the mall section, especially if you’re not a fan of the big singing production that takes place every hour!
* We think this would be an excellent place to go with a large group and sample a lot of the small dishes on the menu.
* Note discounted gift certificates are available on Restaurant.com.
Would definitely get these again:
* Calzone - ridiculously good, but does feel like it's missing the tomato sauce
* Bucatini alla amatriciana - delicious, noodles a little underdone, all the goodies in the sauce are great
* Rigatoni with pork belly and Swiss chard – delicious
* Arancine – good and creamy center
* Frittelle di Proscuitto – nice spicy kick
* Proscuitto Arugula pizza – perfect blend of flavors
Could recommend these
* Lentils – marinated in a red wine vinegar – I LOVE these—I think they have a great flavor, but I am a big fan of lentils.
* Fried cauliflower – I generally dislike cauliflower, but the server suggested it, so we gave it a go. It was good, which is saying a lot. We thought it could have used a side dipping sauce. It was a little too straightforward. It did grow on us, as any little lightly battered and fried food probably would.
Would pass on these
* Gnoccho Fritto – too salty
* Sunchoke, almond and toma salad – only ok
* Caprese salad with burrata, pesto and tomato. I’m a huge fan of all the elements of this dish, but it was a bomb. Most importantly, they served the cheese too cold (cheese s/b at room temp to be at its best). The tomatoes were out of season (hey, it is January, but take it off the menu if you can’t do it right.) Pesto was lackluster.
* Veal and ricotta meatballs were just ok – nothing special
* Pancetta and goat cheese pizza – also just ok
Enoteca San Marco
3355 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Updated 14 days ago | 2
Updated 8 months ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 2
Updated 7 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 119