Hey Vancouver 'hounders! What a great board you have here - much better than my home board.
I'm coming from Dallas, Texas and will be in your beautiful city for 4 days next week (Fri-Monday) for a conference.
I will be staying in downtown, near the convention center and already have dinner plans for one night at West. Was also planning on hitting Chambar and Vij's for the other nights. For lunch, I was thinking Meat and Bread, and perhaps a sushi place close to the convention center.
I have a couple of questions for you all:
1. Do I need a reservation at Chambar? I plan on a 930 (or so) dinner on Friday night. What is the vibe, are jeans ok? Is it a nice walk from the convention center area hotels?
2. I've been reading about the live Alaskan King Crab and salivating. It seems like a very cool Vancouver thing and I LOVE crab. I know the season is over, but can I still get it? How expensive is it?
3. (Related to above) For the chinese places, is there a big quality drop from the downtown outposts vs the Richmond places (specifically for (Dinesty and Sun Sui Wah)? Interested in the XLB and Crab specifically.
4. Any other great lunch places close to the convention center that could get me a quick lunch (Sat/Sun/Mon) within 1 hour?)
5. Any sort of preference for Vij's on Sat or Sunday?
Thanks and looking forward to enjoying your beautiful city.
Updated 1 year ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 11 months ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 10