Happily sifting through the board re previous Tulum etc excursions. A few things I haven't readily found (tho excuse me if they are there). Up front: We have a car, are doing one overnight in Chichen Itza with a planned stop at the hotel in Valladolid. Then off to Tulum for week. Other stops: Coba, Akumel, Puerto Aventuras, PDC.
* Best coffee and breakfast snack option in Tulum Pueblo and beach. We may shop the San Francisco and cook bfast at the condo too.
* Coffee - your favorite store or shop bought brands (to take home)
* Best happy hour on beach. La Zebra? How is Milamores - Escobar's place - I think it was called Casa Manga? Your favorite spots for drinks and a lite snack?
* Chocolate! Good brands or local places to shop for homemade sweet stuffs?
* Any new rest/bar openings or closings in last month or two? Caught up on most CH threads but maybe recent travelers have found new places or other recommendations are now closed?
* Piste - we are overnight in Chichen Itza. Any restaurant recos in Piste? Seems small. I think another thread mentioned Mayaland? Is this just good for drinks and vibe? This will be our first night in so might be the better way to acclimate - neither of us habla espanol!
* Anything to do in PDC besides eat and beach? Sights? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems touristy, lacking culture.
thanks in advance!