Time again for LA hounds to vote for your favorites in our annual Ultimate Los Angeles Restaurants survey. The concept is simple: everyone is asked to list, in rank order, your top 5 restaurants in LA County that you would recommend to houndly out-of-town visitors or to chowfriends for a special occasion. Since we worship at the altar of deliciousness, your ranking should be based 75% on food and 25% on everything else.
To join the fun, reply with a list of ONLY your top 5 choices. Responses with more than 5 choices will not be included. Replies with fewer than five choices will be tabulated. Your entries will be weighted arithmetically, 5 points for your #1 choice; 4 for #2, & so forth. A simple list will suffice, but any & all explanation is welcome.
More than 100 hounds responded last year. The more replies we receive, the more useful are the poll’s findings, so please do reply. We’ll keep the polls open until December 22 & publish the results shortly after the new year.
For openers, here’s the Grubmaster’s top 5:
1. Providence – #1 last year; clear #1 this year
2. Spago – still the reigning champion of the Champions Tasting Menu League
3. Babita – Who knew Mex could make your taste buds tingle?
4. A.O.C. – mellower, but just as tasty
5. Hungry Cat – doing what they do perfectly
Last year's results: