For the past few years, LA hounds have participated in an annual Ultimate Los Angeles Restaurants survey. The concept is simple: everyone is asked to list, in rank order, your top 5 restaurants in LA County that you would recommend to houndly out-of-town visitors or to chowfriends for a special occasion. Your ranking should be based 75% on food and 25% on everything else.
To participate, reply with a list of ONLY your top 5 choices -- in RANK ORDER, 1 being best. This is what we used to call in school a forced-choice exercise. Responses with more than 5 choices will NOT be included. Replies with fewer than five choices will be tabulated. A simple list will suffice, but any & all explanation is welcome.
More than 60 hounds responded last year. The more replies we receive, the more useful are the polls findings, so please do reply.
Heres the Grubsters top 5:
1. Providence a master seafood chef at the top of his game
2. Spago still the reigning champion of the Champions Tasting Menu League
3. Lucques has found its way back to the top
4. Water Grill rock (cod?)-solid performer
5. La Buca Mama, Mama, I think I love you, Mama