I'll be in San Francisco in early May for essentially 2.5 days. I know it's not nearly enough time, I just got a good deal and didn't have to use much vacation time. I'd like to come back with enough time to get out of the city, but this will be a good taste! I've been reading this forum for the last few months, after having great help with great food in New Mexico through the Southwest board.
We're two women in our early 40s and we're both from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Overall, we like finding local favourites and great neighbourhood spots, and enjoy a variety of ethnic food.
I've been reading the posts from grayelf, halifax and most recently a citymate, raidar. We've made a tentative plan, and I would appreciate some suggestions to fill in the gaps!
We plan to spend the afternoon wandering around Mission neighbourhood so we'll likely try a few different places such as La Taquiera, Bi-Rite Creamery, Tartine Bakery - maybe Pizzeria Delfina but that's likely too much food lol! We're hoping our ongoing grazing will mean we don't need a full dinner, as we're going to Wicked. We may be looking for late night snack/drink spot and would welcome suggestions. So far I've noted Globe and Gitane.
- breakfast at the Ferry Market
- might be looking for a lunch spot near Fort Mason, or we'll be happily snacking on treats from the Ferry Market!
- dinner: thinking ethnic, so far I've noted Burma Superstar, Mochica, Mandalay, La Mar and Poc Chuc. Edmonton has a good variety of Indian and Vietnemese, looking for something different. My go-to restaurant is always an Italian and I'd love to go to Perbacco, but with only a few days, I'm branching out to try something new!
- breakfast - Canteen, Dottie's or Brenda's
- looking for a lunch spot in the Castro neighbourhood or near MOMA, would welcome any suggestions
- dinner at Zuni (I've sold my friend on the chicken!)
Our flight leaves at 9:30 a.m. and we're staying at Union Square, so I'm guessing that we won't find a breakfast spot open early enough for a sit down breakfast. Please let me know if I'm wrong!
I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks much for the help!
1658 Market Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
230 California St, San Francisco, CA 94111
600 Guerrero St, San Francisco, CA 94110
3692 18th St, San Francisco, CA 94110
937 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
2886 16th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
Gitane Restaurant & Bar
6 Claude Lane, San Francisco, CA 94108
2406 California St, San Francisco, CA 94115
4721 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
Updated 1 year ago | 20
Updated 8 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 42
Updated 2 months ago | 7