It's funny the things you miss after moving, so here is what I hit on recent trip, in chronological order.
1) Sneaky Pete's, Hoover for 2 Dogs, all the way. Everybody has a fave dog in Bham, these are mine.
2) Fish Market. Eerily quiet on a Friday night. What gives? Overall BP/Gulf Fears? I'm accustomed to their being quite a line.
3) Purple Onion's Mint Sweet Tea. God why don't they bottle this? It blows any storebought Mint Tea out of the water.
4) Dreamland Ribs. I have a quart of their sauce in the fridge, and put it on more food items than I would care to admit.
6) Makarios. What an embarassment of riches Birmingham has in the Greek/Middle Eastern department. A Baba Ghanouj was uninspiring, but a Lamb Shawarma was stunning, recalling the delicious Nabeel's pitas of my wasted youth.
Updated 5 months ago | 2
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 4 days ago | 24