My wife and I are planning a combo trip of sorts to Paris in May. We are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary, and this is also our last hurrah, if you will, before having kids. We will be in Paris from Monday, 23 May to Sunday, 29 May. When we travel, we focus on food and wine. Everything else is merely to fill time between great meals :) We would love to get your help in picking out the places we eat.
We're not too worried about breakfast as we've found some great lists of pastry shops and bakeries (including souphie's great Google Map!!!).
Our current reservations are:
- 7eme Vin for dinner
- Paul Chene for dinner
- Spring for dinner
That's clearly not enough to fill 6 days. We won't want both lunch and dinner reservations on each day, as we still need to be able to walk after the trip! But, we'd like to get as much booked as possible.
Before the two questions, a bit about us: While price is not a huge issue, we would prefer not to consistently dine at 150+ Euro per person places. We're very informal folks in that we may get dressed up for dinner once or twice on a vacation, otherwise we prefer to dress casual while dining. We are also looking for a good variety of places representative of the various French regional cuisines. Our hotel is at the top of 15e, near 7e.
Two topics on which we'd love your expert feedback on:
1) Any thoughts on our current reservations? Paul Chene is very popular on TripAdvisor, but I do not see any real feedback on it in my searching through the Chowhound forums (and I've done tons of searching on this forum!).
2) We are considering booking perhaps 3-5 of the following places, and we would love to hear your thoughts on which you might choose from this list given the description of ourselves above:
- L'Atelier du Parc
- L'Atelier du Joel Robuchon (Saint Germain)
- Guy Savoy
- Frenchie (been calling two weeks straight to no avail :( )
- Chez L'Ami Jean (seems great, but being elbow to elbow is not too appealing)
- Le Chateaubriand
- La Petite Chais
- Ze Kitchen Galerie
- Passage 53
- Cocottes by christian constant
- Le Grand Pan
- Le Troquet
- Le Cinq
- Aux Lyonnais
Thanks in advance for any and all help you can provide. This board is fantastic!!!