Late night can mean different things in different markets. Down here in SOBE things tend to stay open later, the norm being 10pm during the week and 11pm on weekends, so any places that go beyond the norm in your area are worthy of mention, if the food is good. Obviously, quality and quantitiy tend to suffer the later it gets which is why I think this thread will serve us and our visitors well here in the FLA. They are listed in the order they come to mind.
1. News Cafe-24/7 South Beach. The original. And although it may have slid some over the years, you can still quell your craving no matter what the hour. Eggs Smoked Salmon (Benedict Style) is still one of my favorite dishes anywhere. Salads excel as does their Tomato Soup and Mid-Eastern Platter. Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil also does the trick.
2. Big Pink-M-W 12am, Th 2am, F-S 5am South Beach. This varied late night menu works well when many other kitchens have since gone to sleep.
3. La Sandwicherie-5am 7 days. South Beach. The French sandwich shop has been here since the 80's! Having grown up in NY where they pile on the meat, it took some time to get used to these sammies where they load up on the veggies and skimp on the meat. Their dijon sauce takes these grinders over the top! And where esle can you get Pate and Saussison Sec in the wee hours? Salads are nice too!
4. Pizza Rustica-hours vary per store. The original on Washington and 9th in South Beach has always been there late enough for me. Big square slices cut into 4. I ask them to cut mine into 6 and leave it in the oven a touch longer for added pizza pleasure!
5. Cafeteria-24/7 South Beach. Altough I have only dined here once, their 24/7 hours and Lincoln Road location are noteworthy!
6. Loco Taqueria aka San Loco-5am weekdays 6am weekends South Beach. Should you get a late night hankerin' for "stupid sauce" you deserve culo loco aka montezuma with your hangover!
7. Puerto Sagua-2am 7 days South Beach. Cuban on Collins.
8. Versailles-Hours vary throughout the week Little Havana (kinda sorta). Cuban Cuban and more Cuban ala Cuban...VAYA!
9. Peter Pan Diner-24/7 Fort Lauderdale. Where would late night dining be without diner food? This place does it and well.
10. Shuckers-2am 7 days North Bay Village (Miami). This waterfront oasis in a Best Western is one of the best sports bars in town. In addition, their Special Grilled Wings are off the chart! A nice watering hole with good grub.
Updated 10 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 5 hours ago | 17
Updated 18 hours ago | 26
Updated 14 hours ago | 111