In response to requests from the DC Board:
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup sweet marsala wine
250 g (1/2 lb) mascarpone cheese
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups instant espresso coffee
3 Tbs Kaluha
24 Italian ladyfingers (note these MUST be Italian ladyfingers which are crisp not soft)
unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Boil 2 cups water. Add 6 Tbs instant espresso coffee. Add Kaluha (optional). Chill.
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar until light. Beat in Marsala (optional) and cook gently in double boiler. Stir constantly until thickened. Cool.
3. Beat mascarpone until smooth. Beat in cooled custard.
4. Whip cream until light. Gently fold into cheese mixture.
5. Quickly dip 1/2 ladyfingers in coffee mixture [don't soak them]. Place in bottom or dish. Spread half of topping mixture over top. Repeat.
6. Sprinkle cocoa powder over top through sieve. Cover. Chill. Enjoy.
Note: The perfect size dish for this recipe is a Pyrex 11x7 inch glass pan.