I'll be in Philly for a few days in late November to run the half-marathon. I know this is well in advance, but I'm guessing I'll need to book tables. I've never been to Philly before, but I expect we'll stay right in Center City - no car, so whatever you rec has to be accessible by public transit or foot (of course). Here's what I'm hoping to find:
1. A local coffee roasterie that uses really good beans. (I'm an addict, so first things first.)
2. A French-style pastry shop, preferably one that has macarons, OR a really, really great bakery, OR someplace that serves gelato, the real deal, i.e. if there are mashed-up Snickers bars anywhere, no thanks.
3. A good place for a celebratory meal, with preference for one that uses locally- and sustainably-grown foods, especially meats and poultry.
4. The BEST place for a really excellent, amazing breakfast/brunch. What's the Philly equivalent of Hell's Kitchen or Toast? I know the trend for these places is to not take reservations (because if there's a line around the block, it must be good, right?), but really, I'm looking for a place where I can make a reservation. Great cocktails are a big bonus.
5. If there's a particular regional food or specialty you really think an out-of-towner should try, please let me know! I have a pretty adventurous palate. :)
Updated 17 days ago | 14
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 32
Updated 1 year ago | 13