My partner and I are roadtriping through Tennessee on our way down to New Orleans from Montreal.
I am very excited to come to Nashville and will be staying in East Nashville.
Please critique my food targets and if you have any suggestions for great bars (dive,beer palace and cocktail joints) and your fav live music joints i would really appreciate it!
So in no real order i plan on visiting:
1) City House for Sunday night (Reserved) - I have seen a few detractors but people tend to come back to City House again and again. The sunday night special sounds like fun. This is my one major spendy. New Orleans for a week a few days after Nashville is set to destroy my wallet.
2) Pancake Palace - Sweet potato pancakes. Seems to be a mixed choice. Tourist trap?
3) Arnolds - Meat and Three choice.
4) Monells - Lunch. I have never had sourthern food so this seems like a great place to break me in!
5) Boltons (or Princes) - Not sure which one if they are just as good Boltons is near where i wil be staying.
6) Tacos - Mas Tacos. Heard great things.
7) The Pharmacy - I like beers and burgers and not so bad on wallet.
8) Loveless Cafe - Worried that this is a tourist trap now....
9) Marche Artisan - Sounded delicious and great prices.
What do you all think? Any drinking/musicc favs? I dont really like main stream country more of an alt fan (love Lucinda Williams and Gilliam Welch)
I plan on going to The Station Inn.
Thanks for reading