Saw a post on one taqueria. Wondering what your favorites are. I'm on a quest. I've been to probably 20-30 taquerias and taco trucks in Portland Metro. Here are (easily) my favorites so far:
1. Iguana Feliz (east of 205 on Sandy): Fantastic meats, 2 excellent salsas; no one does it better.
2. Salvador's (downtown Woodburn): Easily the best of Portland Metro's little Mexico in Woodburn. Great choice of pastries. They make the corn tortillas right in front of you and have an excellent array of salsas. Definitely get some chiles if you make your own enchilada sauce while you're there. Best quality chiles in town. Also have meats and produce. Burritos just went up in price, though. $2.00 up from $1.75 for a football sized meal. Buy a package of tamales on your way out, too.
3. Vancouver Mall Taco Truck (at the Corner of Andresen and 28th, I think): Tacos for $1, Burritos are under $3, or $3 with sour cream and cheese, I think. And they make the best cabeza/cheek tacos. Damn good. Melt in your mouth.
Here are the two I've found to be most over-rated:
1. El Grillo: Okay, maybe you like to hang out with strippers and there isn't another choice in downtown, but this place sucks.
2. El Burrito Loco: Not bad, but way over-rated, I'd say. They're barely above average, but everyone treats them as the gold standard it seems.
I'd rather go to Taco del Mar or Unamas than either of these and I consider those two just average, really.
Updated 5 months ago | 13
Updated 5 months ago | 3
Updated 6 days ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 15
Updated 4 months ago | 0