Now that it's cooler at night, I thought it would nice to enjoy some happy hour spots that are a little bit more formal.
Now when I say formal, I don't mean suits, gowns and 5-stars. Simply places that are a step up from t-shirt/shorts. Do you have any suggestions? If interested, maybe we can do a chow meetup.
Places I've tried in this spirit:
- AZ88. Good food and martinis from what I recall
- Roaring Fork. Nice happy hour deals on food in the bar/patio area.
- Barcelona. Actually I missed happy hour and got there late. Too much of a "scene" for me. Cover charge for a cover band and pricey drinks?
- Elements. Would probably be my current fave place to take a visitor for a sunset cocktail. Swank + killer views.
- Trader Vics. Actually I've not really tried it. We went there to grab a cocktail and apps, but the tiny bar area was packed. But it was swank and I give kudos for the effort.
- Cafe Boa. I've only been to their new place once, but from what I recall it was a step up from most Mill Ave. places.
Places on the "to do" list:
- The Valley Ho bar area looks cool (not to be confused with TV)
- Is Durants good for happy hour?
- Wildfish? They had great HR opening specials. Still?
- Olive & Ivy? Gotta check out the space.
- James Hotel didn't snag me. Is Mondrain any different?
What about our other top eateries, resorts, etc?