Going to St. Martin at end of May for 5 nights (Honeymoon). I have read a few threads about restaurants but was hoping to get help with picking the right mix of restaurants.
I have only started researching the island, areas, food etc so I may not be asking all the right questions.
I have provided some comments/questions below to help with suggestions:
-We are renting a villa in Terres Basses with a car.
- We are going to spend at least one day at Orient Bay and Dinner in Grand Case. I have heard good things about L' Estaminet on Chowhound.
- Are there Lolos everywhere on the Island or just Grand Case? Does this mean I should be making 2 trips to Grand Case for dinner (lolos and somewhere fancy)?
- ideally most nights we would like to go to an area (close to Terres Basses) that has great restaurants and is lively (shops, boardwalk, places to have a drink, people, etc.)
- We would like to experience local food and/or "local" restaurants. From past experience these types of places can be better experiences than high end restaurants.
- I have heard Don Camillo is good (best gnocchi?)
- Maybe some ideas of where to eat during the day? I have been told most beaches around us are not commercial and therefore few food options. I don't think we will be traveling to Orient Bay everyday b/c of distance but will pick beach if it is close to good restaurants/amenities.
- We don't need fancy every night. We just want good meals and memorable experiences.
- We would like to have a variety of experiences.
- Any good breakfast places in/near Terress Basses?
- Lastly, we are going to take a day trip to Anguilla if you have any good restaurant ideas.
Thanks! looking forward to your comments!
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 5
Updated 2 months ago | 17
Updated 3 months ago | 6