I will be docking in Baltimore this weekend and staying on our boat in a marina close to the Captain James. My husband is a chef and we're serious chowhounds-- but that def doesn't have to mean high end or fancy... just great food. We particularly like seafood, but are up for anything unique.
Here's what I'd like some suggestions for:
* Good food-centric happy hour for Friday evening, but must have outside tables-- we travel with our dog and need to bring her with us.
* Good place to take Dad for lunch on Saturday - again needs to have dog-friendly seating.
* What do you suggest for take-out crabs from this neighborhood. How is the Captain James crab house (vs. Obrykis?).
* What is within walking distance for breakfast, brunch, and late night grub? We tend to graze with drinks and apps throughout the evening, rather than sit down to a big meal. Does not need to be dog-friendly.
* How is the Bay Cafe these days? Is there still a raw bar at Cross Street Market on Sundays? Is Faidley's open on the weekends?
* What is the best bet for a unique cocktail menu in this part of Baltimore?