Dearest Hounds ~
In an attempt to check off a few must-try restaurants before we leave for the east coast for graduate school, my girlfriend and I have made plans to dine at such hotspots as Pizzeria Mozza, Campanile, and Spago (among others). Since many of these culinary treasures are out of our normal dining budget, we thought we might be able to save a few bucks by opting for lunch reservations rather than dinner. That said, I do have a few questions about lunch at Spago, and your insights would be greatly appreciated. If time and date matters, we're booked for Saturday, March 3rd @ 2pm.
So, here goes:
1) Indoors or out? I hear there's a lovely garden patio at Spago. Is that the place to sit? How likely is the restaurant to accomodate a request for a particular table?
2) Is the lunch menu any more affordable than the dinner menu? Or does it make no difference at a place like Spago? Also, is the lunch menu limited - meaning, are certain entrees not offered at lunch?
3) We'll have a budget of about $100. Neither of us drink, so we'll likely just order water to drink, as is our usual custom. If we split an appetizer, order 2 entrees, and split a dessert, should $100 be enough?
4) Is the tip included in the bill?
5) And finally, I'd be interested to hear what you all think are the MUSTS at Spago. Best options for appetizer? Entree? Dessert? My girlfriend rarely eats beef, so chicken/pork/seafood dishes are a better bet for her. As for myself, I like a nice hunk of beef every now and then, but will gladly try anything that's the house specialty.
Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Updated 5 months ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 33
Updated 4 months ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 1