The Imperial Treasure Group just opened its latest outlet - a lush Shanghainese restaurant located right opposite the flagship
restaurant of its rival chain, Crystal Jade. Service here is, as with all its outlets, polished and very attentive.
What we tried:
- Smoked eggs: a Shanghainese classic, done very well here indeed, smoky-fragrant and with the yolks still molten.
- Shredded poached chicken with mungbean noodles, in a sesame paste dressing, topped with shredded cucumber.
- Steamed "xiao long bao": tasty but the soup contents of each dumpling seemed to have evaporated. Also, those were the ugliest XLB I'd ever seen in Singapore.
- Tofu ribbons with fresh soybeans and Jinhua ham: slightly on the salty side but remained a firm favourite of mine.
- Lion-head dumplings, another Shanghainese classic of giant minced pork meatballs. The version we ordered here were braised in a brown sauce with Napa cabbage. It was good, though not exceptional.
- Steamed buns to accompany the meatballs.
Imperial Treasure Shanghai Cuisine
391 Orchard Road, #04-22
Tel: +65 6836 6909
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 4 months ago | 1
Updated 9 days ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 3