We'll be staying in a Wailea condo in March and with five good cooks along are interested in creating some memorable meals together. We're very interested in local, seasonal foods and specialities. Options near Wailea would be great, but we'll have a rental car and will be out and about exploring the island.
I'd really love some advice from experienced Maui residents or visitors about finding good groceries, fresh fish and produce and other interesting supplies.
1) What should we stock up on at the obligatory stop at Costco? Beyond the basics, are there any good local foods we could/should get there?
2) Best places to find local produce? What's most likely to be in season in late February/early March?
3) Best places to pick up baked goods? Any particular specialites we should look for?
4) Best places (and times) to get fresh fish and other seafood? What delicious (and sustainable) species to look for?
5) Any other good recommendations for farmers markets, food trucks, take-out, or other experiences that would help us enjoy local food?
Thanks everyone! I'll return the favor by sharing any finds!
Updated 6 months ago | 3
Updated 17 days ago | 6
Updated 1 day ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 21 hours ago | 0