Anyone tried this new brewery on 9th between Irving and Judah? They are open till 1am.
The beers on tap ...
Pale Ale, Brown Beer, Porter, Wheat, Stout, Scottish Ale and Chili
Also, home made Root Beer (non-alcoholic)
Lager, Pumkin Ale, IPA (new recipe), Barley Wine
Good Bay Crossings article about the brewer
I think they have beer flights too. They also sell beer kegs for parites. Nice descriptions of the brews on the menu. The chili beer is made with habaneros.
There's a full bar and supposed a good selection of scotch.
The menu looks good. Lots of dishes incorporating beer and some pub classics.
Don't dismiss the salad if you look at what is in it
Pub Salad Mixed greens tossed in our IPA vinaigrette, with tomatoes, carrots, green beans, blue cheese , and tobacco onion rings. Available with grilled chicken breast or salmon from our smoker
My heart (litterally) goes out to the sausage platter ...
Polish Kielbasa, Mild Italian and Bratwurst, served with sauerkraut, assorted pickles and mustards and sourdough garlic bread
Seems to be a good variety of wings. Some other interesting items ...
- Bavarian Cheese Croquettes s stuffed with Black Forest Ham and Gruyere cheese, served with spicy brown mustard
- Irish Nachos Aged cheddar sauce over house made potato chips and topped with salsa, sour cream and bacon
- Wunder Beer Cheese Soup Aged cheddar cheese, Gruyere and Wunder pale ale soup, topped with garlic cro ûtons
- Drunken Onion Soup made with Wunder porter and lots o’ onions, topped with crostini and Gruyère
- BBQ Baby Back Ribs Smoked in house and served with Stout BBQ and Sweet Potato Fries
- Hanger Steak With sauteed mushrooms, roasted garlic and porter infused demi-glace.
Accompanied by pub fries and sauteed green beans.
- Montecristo Sandwich Black Forest Ham, house smoked Turkey Breast and Gruyere cheese on egg battered bread served with house made currant preserve and sweet potato fries
- Framboise Float
Is there some Chowhound button this place doesn't push?
Oh yeah, it might be a sports bar too as under events they make talk about big screen tvs and sport events ... happy hours, movie nights and ladies nights too.
And ... uh, it's supposed kid-friendly with a kid's menu and crayons with butcher paper to draw.
Like I said, most chow bells seem to be ringing. Hope it lives up to the promise. Reports?
Wunder Brewing Company
1326 9th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94122
Updated 1 year ago | 13
Updated 5 months ago | 32
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 11 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 1