Long time lurker, first time poster. My wife and I are going to be visiting relatives in San Francisco for two days on our way to Hawaii, and we're looking to get a mess of Chinese food while we're in the area. We will be in town this Wednesday and Thursday (12/2 and 12/3) and the sheer volume of reviews/recommendations on this board is overwhelming! I've grokked a bunch of ideas so far, so here's what I have! The groundwork:
1) Have car, will travel!
2) Wife is completely seafood avoidant, so if the specialty of your restaurant is Seafood, we'll take a pass (seafood can of course be part of the cuisine at the restaurant!)
3) We are a fan of the spice!
4) Looking for a sit-down restaurant!
Ok, here's what I have so far:
1) Panda Country Kitchen (4737 Geary Blvd Station) - SZ, order the Spicy Wontons
2) Jai Yun (680 Clay Street) Prix Fixe menu, a little worried that it might be too seafood heavy for the wife. Call ahead for reservations a day in advance if we want in here.
3) Citrus Club (1790 Haight Street) - Noodle house, fusion. Recommended by a cousin. Are there better Noodle Houses or Fusion restaurants in the city?
4) LIly's House (Lafayette - 3555 Mt Diablo) - Shang-Chi City Style
5) Happy Golden Bowl (El Cerrito - 10675 San Pablo) - SZ, DDM specialty
1) I am personally a fan of Spicy Beef Tendon (either as a soup, or as a course). Haven't found a place that has a stand-out Beef Tendon in my searches - any recommendations?
2) We are a big fan of Honey Toast. Yes, I know this is more of a Japanese desert dish, but if any places do Honey Toast, we'd be very interested in stopping by for desert.
3) Along the same lines - if there be no Honey Toast, yarrrr, recommendations for a stand-out desert would be great!
Thank you in advance! I've found some really stand-out restaurants through Chowhound in the past (Peach Farm in Boston, Payne's BBQ in Memphis, Sakura/Dim Sum Garden for Soup Dumplings in Philly, Woo Jung in Boxborough, MA), and I know y'all won't let me down :)