I'm a beginner at cooking and currently learning how to saute. I've found multiple answers to some of the questions listed below and some are contradicting, so I would like to know what you guys think. Let's say I'm sauteing a piece of chicken wing folded akimbo.
1) Should I season before or during cooking? Why? If I'm adding herbs, say dried tarragon, when should I add it?
2) If I'm using butter and oil together, what's the ratio?
3) After placing the chicken onto the pan, should I shake the pan a little or don't move it at all? Why?
4) If I suppose to, when should I shake the pan? Why?
5) Should I keep the burner at medium-high heat or lower it once the chicken browns?
6) How many times should I flip the chicken? Why?
7) Should I brown both sides first before finish cooking all the way through or should I finish one side first before flipping to finish the other? Why?
Updated 1 year ago | 10
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 14
Updated 7 hours ago | 429
Updated 5 days ago | 120