I'm a new chowhound (but a long-time foodhound), moving from Fremont to SF next weekend and seeking dining ideas. My new pad is way out near 43rd & Clement and my gf lives near Haight/Masonic, so I'm seeking recommendations in those general areas (I know - there are bazillions of choices).
The things I have not yet found replacements for, that I am extremely fond of in the Fremont area, are:
1) budget Vietnamese (bun, banh hoi, etc - a la Vy's or Vung Tao III in Newark). Of the several-thousand Vietnamese places on Clement/Geary, there surely must be some stand-outs!
2) Korean soft tofu pot (Lee's House of Tofu in Newark is my fav. by far)
3) Singaporean/Malay (I'm fond of Union City's Banyan Garden)
4) Chinese, Hong Kong/Lo/Lau/Dim Sum style (I like Hong Kong Flower Lounge (now deceased in Palo Alto? Say it ain't so!) and Joy Luck Place in San Mateo)
The restaurants in my new general area that I do know and, at least so far, love are:
- Burma Superstar (burmese/indian/thai)
- Tommy's (mexican)
- Magnolia (mmmm, burgers 'n beer....)
- Memphis Minnie's (BBQ)
- Q (Cal/American)
- Grandeho's Kamekyo (sushi)
- Pork Store Cafe (breakfast)
- Kate's Kitchen (breakfast)
I enjoy all cuisines, so recommend anything!
Many thanks in advance.
Updated 8 months ago | 24
Updated 6 months ago | 3
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 10 months ago | 1
Updated 1 day ago | 111