I apologize if you read these same questions on my post to the Manhattan board [before I amended it today, July 24, to avoid redundancy]: http://www.chowhound.com/topics/show/...
But I wanted to ask for your comments/suggestions/updates on the status of some of my old favorites in Brooklyn and the Slope.
* Grimaldi’s. I’m planning a late lunch to avoid the lines, for old time’s sake. I read about their customer-service issues, but I'm still leaning towards going for it.
* Blue Ribbon Brooklyn. I’m avoiding their sushi place after reading bad things about it here. Please tell me that BR's fried chicken is still good.
* Al di Là or Tempo. Can you recommend new pasta dishes? Has service or quality gone downhill at either place? I moved away almost a year ago, so I’d appreciate any updates.
* Taro Sushi in the Slope. I understand from a previous post that it's best on a Friday or Saturday night.
* Anything new that I shouldn't miss?
I plan to hit Blue Apron for packaged fine foods, cured meats, and cheeses. Does anyone have recommendations on new items or old standards that will keep well? I need to take advantage of this opportunity since similar offerings in Texas are quite poor.
I'd greatly appreciate any feedback you could give me.
Updated 8 months ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 24
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 2