With the thread about wishlists for 2011, let's recap 2010 restaurants you tried this year, ones you re-discovered, ones you've crossed off your list.
1) Have you tried a restaurant this past year that knocked your socks off?
2) Has an old standby bit the dust?
3) Any disappointing tries that didn't live up to expectations?
1) My biggest find this year was in Gettysburg, PA. Roman Inn pizza for far better pizza than I've had here in the DC area.
2) Our old stand by had been Ceder Cafe in Burke. Owner had been with Lebanese Taverna. I can't say what it is but I'm not liking it was much. I will still go because it's convenient and its specials are decent but overall, it's just not as good as it used to be.
3) My biggest disappointment this past year is the proliferation of cupcake stores, none of which have lived up to expectations.