I liked the the "best meals 2007" thread so much that it got me thinking about places I want to try in 2008. Reading over people's entries reminded me of so many places still on my list. So here goes a list of 5, in no particular order:
1) Komi: Will I feel like I can spend a few hundred dollars on one dinner there this year? I would love to try the tasting menu there.
2) Brasserie Beck: They have a beer sommelier. That's reason enough to go.
3) Taberna's happy hour. I just recently learned of their half-price happy hour tapas and the restaurant got so many nods on the best meals thread that I'll have to try it.
4) Ethiopian: I visited one of the area Ethiopian restaurants a few years back. Liked it well enough, but haven't been compelled to go again (not the biggest fan of injera). A recent thread on best Ethiopian places got me thinking to give it another try.
5) I'm going to leave this spot open for one of the many budget-friendly, ethnic restaurants in NOVA that I've not yet tried despite making good progress this year: Peking Gourmet or one of the other peking duck houses? Costa Verde or another Peruvian place? Sunflowers vegetarian restaurant (not ethnic, but sounds interesting)); a Korean place other than Gom Bah Woo? (not sure if I can cheat on my favorite)
Interested to see what others have to say.
Updated 11 months ago | 2
Updated 1 year ago | 33
Updated 7 days ago | 137
Updated 2 days ago | 25
Updated 18 hours ago | 7