There are many great tips here on the boards already and I have read many of the "best of NYC" (e.g. TOP "essential" New York Restaurants $ to $$$$) ones. But I was hoping you could help me find some restaurants that match my personal preferences.... I have 10 days in New York City (and Fairfield, CT) so long lists are welcome :)
Thanks in advance!
I'm in to:
- Japanese: black cod miso, tuna tataki, wagyu beef, soft shell crab and anything with ponzu sauce ;)
- Steak: specifically 'bistecca alla fiorentina' (I believe you call it T-Bone or Porterhouse)
- Bakery and deserts: blueberry pancakes, green-tea ice-cream, rhubarb tarts (Paul's in Paris style if you happen to know these), taro buns.
- Thai: the basics... pad thai, tom yum.
- Lebanese: anything from falafel with taboulleh, tahine, humus and labneh to lamb with pomegranate.
- Moroccan: tajines, pastilla.
- Italian: from artichoke a la giuda (fried) to a good pizza with eggplant.
- Russian/Ukrainian: borsht, pelmeni, blini, vareniki, pirozhki.
- Spanish (ajo blanco, good jamon, manchego and anchovies) or Mexican, but prefer to eat that locally....
I try to avoid:
- French / New American: foie gras, marrow, caviar.
- Going to restaurants requiring a suit / dinner jacket
- Making reservations weeks ahead
- Paying more than $100 per person
I haven't tried yet:
- Korean (besides some kimchi)
- Argentinian (besides empanadas)
So I hope this helps shape your suggestions!
Lastly, one specific question: is Nobu (any of the 3) in New York really that much worse than in London or Milan?
Updated 1 year ago | 12
Updated 2 years ago | 3
Updated 9 months ago | 4
Updated 2 hours ago | 20
Updated 27 days ago | 25