Me and my wife are going to Paris in April 2012. I know many of the best dinner experiences are made by just walking around and discover local restaurants without any research (maybe based on recommondation by the hotel). However with all the restaurants in Paris I would also like to book at least one dinner well in advance, based on info on CH:)
I have looked through many topics on this website, but since we have quite a few wishes I was hoping someone could guide me a bit more.
This is our wishlist in prioritiesed order (will give more detalis on the various items below the list):
1. Romantic setting
2. Good, friendly service to non French speaking guests
3. Very good food, with emphasis on meat
4. Walking distance from Hotel Petit Paris (close to Jardin du Luxembourg)
1. Romantic setting for us is a beautiful dining room or beautiful view from the dining room. We prefer a bit of space between the tables/other diners which I understand will rule out places like L'Ami Jean.
2. None of us speak a word French and it is important that this is not a problem at dinner. Been to Florimond earlier and they treated us very well. But understand this is not the case in all places so would for instance rule out Le Pavillon de la Grande Cascade. I also belive this can limit the places in which we may be able to book a table (like Frenchie)?
3. Of course we would like the food to stand out, but it does not need to be a three star (or any star) restaurant. Been to Noma in Copenhagen and allthough this restaurant fits my first two "criterias" the food I felt was not good value. Too much vegetables/flowers and fish, and very little meat. I can appreciate some fish courses (for instance as starters) but also like to have meat as the main part of the meal. Would like to try very good classical French food but we are not very fond of either cheese or fois gras (now you are starting to wonder why we want to eat at a French restaurant at all:)
4. We enjoy the possibility to walk to and from the restaurant, so if there are any choices that you feel covers the first three criterias and in addition are within walking distance from our hotel please tell. However this is the least important thing so if you have other suggestions that you feel better fits our wishes but are not in walking distance, please tell me this as well.
Would Les Papilles be an option?
Updated 7 hours ago | 139
Updated 22 days ago | 22
Updated 6 days ago | 87
Updated 5 hours ago | 15
Updated 1 hour ago | 18