I've pasted the recipe I used to make queso last week (from Homesick Texan). It makes a great queso (except a little too much sour cream). The problem is that I refrigerated the leftovers and the next day tried to reheat the queso in the microwave. Now I assume its because I used the microwave, but the queso seperate and was grainy.
So I'm asking for thoughts here -
1. What's the best way to reheat the queso?
2. Is there a way to prevent the queso from seperating in the microwave?
3. What other queso ideas do you got? (Trading the cheddar for asado, etc.)
Chile Con Queso
1/2 onion diced (about 1/2 cup)
4 cloves of garlic minced
3 Serrano peppers diced
3 jalapeno peppers diced
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 cups of milk
6 cups of shredded cheese, can use any combination of Longhorn cheddar and Monterrey Jack
1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup, can use canned if tomatoes aren’t in season)
1/2 cup of sour cream
Salt to taste
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium-low heat, and then cook the onions and peppers for about five minutes or until onions are translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
3. Whisk the flour into the butter, vegetable mix and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Add the milk to the pot, and cook on medium, whisking constantly until sauce is thick, about five minutes. Stir in the cilantro and tomatoes.
5. Turn heat down to low, and a 1/4-cup at a time, slowly add the shredded cheese stirring into the white sauce until completely melted. Repeat.
6. Stir in the sour cream.
7. Add salt to taste.
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 11 days ago | 10
Updated 5 days ago | 21
Updated 1 month ago | 1
Updated 2 months ago | 8