Hi everyone, I'm an ex-pat Seattlite living in Spain now, near Barcelona. I'll be in town for a few days in Feb with a chef friend in tow who has a great restaurant here (link below).
We'll have 3 lunches and dinners to do, and he is as anxious to try some new stuff as I am to show off my city to him. So, I'm looking for some recommendations. If you don't mind taking a look at his menu to get an idea what he does day to day (if you can understand it - it's in Spanish - use the "comida" link), that would be great. He's never been to the US (or out of southern Europe for that matter). Sushi is pretty well-represented here so we will probably want to skip that.
Here are the guidelines I'm trying to stick to:
- Nothing "mediterranean". He gets that already.
- Like to concentrate on typical/classic American type plates
- Maybe a steak. You can't get a good one here. Fleming's would have been perfect but I understand they are gone.
- A good variety of restaurant types, from low-end to somewhat upscale. Nothing scandalously expensive.
In addition, we have to fit in a few things that I am craving like crazy. It's been almost a year and I absolutely must go to:
- Pecos Pit
- Turbo Thai (aka Mae Phim)
- Red Mill
- 5 Spot (for breakfast)
I also figured I would take him to Vera's for breakfast (Spanish breakfasts are wonderful but they just ain't a #3, scrambled) and we will probably try to fit in a drunken stop at Beth's as well.
So, that's it. Tell me what you think!
Updated 2 years ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 6 months ago | 3
Updated 5 months ago | 0
Updated 3 months ago | 0