Sorry for the strange requests but ..coming to Manhattan and looking to eat at a bunch of restaurants and here is what we are looking for:
1. Specialize in seafood/fish.
2. Not fine dining..but not fast food...mid-range is the best descriptor I can find however I'm certain there is a better term for what I am trying to say...just can't think of it.
3. Interesting and nice ambiance...restaurants where you can feel the "buzz" in the room.
4. Can be ethnic or otherwise. Bonus for non-ethnic restaurants that have an asian influence. <- I originally wanted to say "Japanese Fusion" but to me that has a connotation with wacky sushi rolls. I am not looking for that, but seafood dishes with japanese influence done well are a-OK.
5. Can be either tapas-sized dishes to one-entree-per-person size dishes or anything in between. (i'd like to try some of each).
I'm looking to try out many restaurants within these guidelines (they are not strict guidelines, I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I am looking for)
Does that help? If not please let me know what other requirements I should list...
Thank you so much!