I did look through some of the search results, so have some vague idea of what might be out there, but asking in case I missed something specific.
Looking for eating places within 20 ish minutes of reasonable driving distance between Carlsbad and San Diego (airport), hopefully not too far away from the I-5.
Interested in recommendations for
- Any good and reasonably priced nosh that makes great use of local ingredients? Any organic or vegan or raw type restaurants? I know that's a wide spectrum.
- Japanese - The more specialized the restaurant, the better. Sushi is likely not going to be on the top of the list, so as much as I want to try Ota or Kaito, I'll keep them in mind, but not so sure the fam will want to go there (or a yakitori place). Izakaya would be fine, or a place that specializes in udon, or soba. Any other kinds of Japanese around on par with LA/Torrance/Gardena standards?
- Korean....is there anything around that close to the level of LA Korea town or Orange County? Or if it is a full BBQ restaurant, do they have non BBQ dishes that are really good? Short rib bone soup....seafood pancake, and non spicy options?
- Chinese. I'm sure I'm clutching at straws here, but looking for good Cantonese (probably asking too much) or authentic regional Chinese (not Sichuan) in the vein of San Gabriel Valley. Taiwanese would be great too, or a place that does noodles/beef noodle soup and dumplings, or Northern Chinese.
- Italian. Any solid regional Italian around the area? Or perhaps East Coast style Italian American?
- Vietnamese. Anything beyond pho?
- any good Mediterranean in the area? Greek, Palestinian, Turkish etc
Thanks so much in advance.