Hello Chicago hounds, I'm a fellow NYC hound and wanted to pick your brains re an upcoming visit. My gf and I are planning a week long vacation around May/June. I have done a bit of research on the Chicago boards and have a good idea of what I want but need some additional help. Unsure where we are staying, but have a flexible itinerary and will travel for food. Love that most of your restaurants accept reservations via Opentable 3 months out, instead of two or one in NYC. Money is not a concern, and am focused on great food, whatever the type.
Although I enjoy a wide range of dining experience (both high and low end), at least for this trip, I feel like I'm looking for the very best of what Chicago has to offer. While my trip is still a couple months away, I already know I'll be trying to get reservations to:
- Alinea - no question as why I'd want to go here.
- Schwa - hoping I can get a reservation.
- Avenues - very intrigued by Chef Duffy's food.
For the remaining four meals (assuming I get lucky and can get all of my aforementioned reservations) I'm very interested to hear what you think about the following dinner ideas:
- L2O - anyone been since Gras left for NYC?
- Topolobampo - very interested, also a lunch option.
- Charlie Trotters - Grand Tasting menu looks very appealing.
- Tru - still good after Chef Tramonto left?
- Blackbird - have heard/read great things about Chef Kahn's food, also a lunch option.
- Bonsoiree - alternative to Schwa? BYOB and creative food.
- Ria - have read mixed comments regarding people's experiences.
- Spiaggia - best Italian in Chicago?
Lunch - Looking for many of iconic foods to Chicago, and I'd like to hear your opinions:
- Italian Beef - Portillo's or Ale's Beef?
- Deep Dish Pizza - Pizzeria Uno or Pizzeria Due?
- "Haute" Mexican - Topolobampo/Frontera/Xoco
- Hot Dogs - Wiener Circle, Super Dog, Hot Doug's?
- Belly Shack/Urban Belly?
- Purple Pig
Breakfast/Brunch - We like both savory and sweet options and am interested to hear what people think about the following:
- Frontera Grill/Xoco
- M. Henry
- Bongo Room
- Ann Sather
Feel free to let me know if you think I'm missing anything and a big thanks in advance!
619 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
29 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611
1723 N Halsted St, Chicago, IL 60614
3324 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60618
2728 W Armitage, Chicago, IL 60647
816 W. Armitage Ave., Chicago, IL 60614
1152 S Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60605
445 N Clark St., Chicago, IL 60610
2622 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60614
2300 Lincoln Park West, Chicago, IL 60614
980 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Updated 2 months ago | 5
Updated 1 year ago | 25
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 2 months ago | 7
Updated 2 days ago | 9