Okay, so we're going to a steakhouse for our anniversary Monday night.
I want to try Mastro's in Costa Mesa, but I have questions:
1. Are they open Monday nights? (I know I could call, but calling a restaurant on a Saturday night is a very bad opening pitch. And I hate their website with all the heat of a thousand supernovas -- it is surpassed in badness only by Roberto Passon's awful CalArts-reject-designed awfulness.)
2. Do I have a prayer of getting a reservation on Monday night? Specifically, this Monday night? Yes, it has to be Monday night.
3. Which one is better? Mastro's Ocean Club (Newport) or Mastro's Steakhouse (Costa Mesa)? What's the difference?
4. What is it about Mastro's that makes it better than, say, Ruth's Chris or Morton's? Any particular steaks that are great?
5. Are they one of those places that puts butter on the steaks? I mean, talk about gilding the lily, ick.
Thanks, Chowhounds! You know I'll post my experience.