So, I'm moving to Taiwan in late January and I don't know when (or if) I will return to Boston. Before I go, there are some things I feel compelled to do now for fear of never having the chance again. They all have to do with food.
Here's my list for the next 6 months...
1) Omakase at O YA. (Or carte blanche at the bar)
2) The boneless whole roast duck for two at Salts (with my sweetie, of course.)
3) The roast chicken with lemon and garlic and Hammersy Bistro.
4) Tasting at Clio.
5) An all-out dim sum meal with well-seasoned chowhounders.
6) Jose Andres' minibar in DC.
7) A weekday breakfast at Shopsin's in New York.
8) Oysters, fried clams, and lobster roll lunch at Neptune Oyster.
9) Barbara Lynch's prune-stuffed gnocchi w/foie gras.
Of course, I'll have to sell my car, and anything I have worth something, and then work any odd job I can find to finance it all.
Dinner at Hungry Mother
Tapas w/friends at Toro.
Oleana tasting menu.
Get stuffed at JoJo Taipei then karaoke at DoReMi.
ONE: I'd love to get feedback on my list.
TWO: Would any well-seasoned chowhounders like to join/guide me for dim sum? I'd welcome up to 6.