Searched and read all the recent posts (really I did) and very confused - still need help.
We are going to P-town for a long weekend, our 10th anniversary at the end of September. We are well traveled but this is the first time for both of us to go anywhere on The Cape and I am beside myself with excitement and anticipation. Aside from second night there - our anniversary, we are willing to travel 20-30 mins from P'Town and if something amazing is further would strongly consider.
Cuisines we like: Most everything - love New England seafood, down-home style cooking and ethnic/ethnic influenced, fresh and inventive cuisine in pretty much equal measure. Lobster and belly clams ranking higher on the list for me. Absolutely no franchises/chains unless a local place that has a couple outposts and are really good. In no particular order our needs are:
1.Lunch or snack on the way from NYC area (Southern Westchester). The recs on the other NY-Ptown "lunch on the way" thread sounded great but most were almost in P'town. Am wondering if RI is a better midway point to stop? If so, Italian? (being from NY ithas to be amazing) Is there special Providence Style Pizza like there is in New Haven? Is the Upper Cape a better choice for stopping than RI? If so, we'd prefer seafood shack but where and which one? Seems there are so many.
2. Anniversary Night Dinner in Provincetown - we are generally more into the casual dining experience but for this milestone would like something really amazing. Stuffy is not necessary or desirable and it doesn't even have to be "fine dining" but romantic and special, great food, great service, great wine list and/or okay w/corkage as we have some special bottles we want to bring.
3. Our hotel includes breakfast but in case we want to do something different one or two options would be nice.
4. Great spot for pre-dinner drinks/cocktails (with a view)) and for after dinner drinks - cozy.
5. Amazing sweets - ice cream shops, bakeries, candy stores.
6. Other lunches and dinners - great food and great atmosphere. Fun and light is excellent.
Capecodguy, if you see this, you seem to have a lot of recent info so would appreciate your thoughts. Everyone else too.