Walked by the block between 18 & 19 today (son was doing Easter activities, yada yada) and noticed a new resto in the making. It's two doors south of Black Dog Video (or two doors north of Choices Market). Used to be a flower store. Now will be "Pronto", an Italian joint. The owner lady was busy with a worker doing the renovations. I didn't want to bog her down with lengthy questions so I came away with some snippets of info, as accurately as I can remember:
- hope to be open in ~ 2 weeks
- working on liquor license
- working on back alley patio w. tables
- casual, rustic Italian fare. Exec chef will be working with her in short while to get the menu going. She wasn't explicit on the menu itself
- owner lady herself is Italian
The furniture (I saw a few wooden booths) looked better-than-average quality, so I'm guessing custom work was involved. Also some shiny new kitchen bits on one side (convection oven ?), all of which would also suggest this ain't gonna be just an espresso & panini operation.
If anyone hears more about them, feel free to add to this thread :-)