I'm fairly new to Vancouver, and my family is coming to visit in August. They are fairly adventurous eaters from San Diego. In general, we're looking for restaurants that are fairly casual, well-priced (entrees $20 or less). Since they get a lot of seafood and Mexican in SD, I want them to experience some unique things about Vancouver. So, I am looking for recommendations for various ethnic restaurants; they particularly like Thai and Indian. They'll be staying in North Burnaby and we'll have a car, but I;d like recommendations particularly for downtown, the Kits area, or Burnaby, since those are mostly the areas we'll be in. In terms of cuisine, I'm looking for recommendations for:
- Malaysian, maybe?
- Indian (I've been to Viji's and Rangoli & wasn't all that impressed, although it could just have been the meal I had there)
- dim sum (I had good dim sum in Macau & Hong Kong, but I haven't tried in Vancouver)
- sushi (I was thinking an all-you-can-eat place, so if they don't like something, they can easily try something else, since my mom is very dubious about it)
- Korean (esp. bulgogi)
- Middle Eastern (I've been to Afghan Horsemen & wasn't impressed)
- any other cuisines that would be recommended?
Updated 4 months ago | 3
Updated 1 year ago | 11
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 4 months ago | 33
Updated 1 year ago | 10