Cookware

My pot (stainless steel 205 35) has some pits, if any poison metals dissolve into food, is it still safety to use? Attached some pictures for reference.

Share:

Cookware 3

My pot (stainless steel 205 35) has some pits, if any poison metals dissolve into food, is it still safety to use? Attached some pictures for reference.

frank_yang | May 26, 2013 09:18 PM

About two months ago, I bought a pot from IKEA that made by stainless steel 205 35, marked outside bottom of the pot. While a few days ago, I found there have 4 or 5 pits which diameter belike 0.1-0.3cm in the inside bottom of the pot. These pits seem like the plating surface of stainless steel were shed or taken off. Hence, I very worry about if any toxic metal, Nickel, Manganese, Chrome…dissolves into food when cooking. Is it still safety for cooking? Being parent, I will keep our children health and safety. Waiting and appreciate for your answers.

 
 
 
 
 
Want to stay up to date with this post?

Feedback