On my past trip to San Francisco/Los Angeles/San Diego I fell back in love with poached eggs and had some wonderful presentations -
1) Boulevard's Slow Cooked Organic Farm Egg with Soft Polenta and Roasted Garlic, Quercia Acorn Prosciutto and Shaved Himalayan Truffles
2) The French Laundry's WHITE TRUFFLE CUSTARD - with a Ragoût of Périgord Truffles
3) The Bazaar de Jose Andres - Tortilla de patatas ‘new way’- Warm potato foam with a slow cooked egg 63 and caramelized onions
4) Osteria Mozza - Fresh Ricotta & Egg Raviolo with browned butter
5) The Croque Madame at Butler and Chef and Bouchon
6) Chez Panisse Cafe's Bob's Cardoons and Potatoes with Black Truffles and Egg (ok, not so wonderful)
So, who is doing the best thing with Eggs in San Francisco right now, Duck Eggs would be even more appreciated!