Help! Heading to NYC in late December (Fri-Tues), looking for some interesting food experiences. Budget: we are willing to spend a bunch of money for great experiences. Caveats: we don't mind dressing up, but we're suburban young professionals, not hipsters and we don't want to feel out of place in a loud, "sceney" restaurant. Also, sadly, my partner doesn't do seafood.
Thoughts so far, please help with comments or better suggestions:
1. Steak - Peter Luger's Sat night if we can make a reservation, otherwise Keens or Strip House.
2. BBQ - we want to check out some NYC 'que, maybe Daisy Mae's or RUB or Virgil's
3. Korean BBQ - maybe Ma Dang Sui? What's good here? My partner has never had it and we want a good first experience.
4. Peking Duck House - or any better suggestions for this dish?
5. Pizza - Una Pizza Napoletana, Lombardi's or John's; where should we go, don't want to trek to Brooklyn again
6. Other thoughts: Lupa, Babbo, Picholine, Casa Mono/Bar Jamon
Other ideas, especially for unique food experiences? - Thanks!