Had an exceptionally nice meal at Lovely Hula Hands last night. This place was on my list to try for a long time and I finally made it over into their new location [4057 N Mississippi. 503.445.9910]
While the menu changes regularly, here is what we had; all of which were excellent:
- Pureed cauliflower soup with curry spiced yogurt.
- Radicchio salad with pear butter vinaigrette, candied pecans and brie.
- Shrimp, blood orange and avocado salad with marash pepper.
- Braised chicken with roasted fennel, cippolini onion, and winter squash bread salad.
- Meyer lemon and bittersweet chocolate tart with crème fraiche
Their new location is warm an cozy (2 levels in a small house) and the new chef (about 5 weeks I am told) seems to be doing a great job with local seasonal ingredients.
It was refreshing to enjoy excellent food with fresh ingredients at very reasonable prices and warm yet professional service. The menu changes regularly. None of the entries exceeded $19; starters range $6 to $9, desserts $7, wines mostly in the mid twenties with glasses $6.50 to $7.00. (And the tap water bottle is placed on the table without the ritual of “what kind of fancy water can we $$$ hit you with?” that is getting to be a bit tiresome in some places around town.)
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 2 months ago | 17
Updated 2 months ago | 1
Updated 5 months ago | 6