Okay, I posted a few days ago and tried to be very detailed, but I think it backfired because my post was too long and got no response. I'm worried about reservations so I'm posting another, more brief request now, with a proposed itinerary of meals over 8 days in June and a few questions below. My goal is to get a glimpse of what Paris has to offer while keeping costs around or less than 50-70 euro per person per meal (including a shared bottle of inexpensive wine). Your advice would be much appreciated!
Sat - Bistro Volnay or Au Dernier Metro or Les Petit Plats dinner
Sun - oyster lunch, picnic dinner
Mon - La Breizh lunch, Josephine Chez Dumonet
Tues - sandwich lunch, Le Gaigne dinner (or Les Papilles? Le Reminet? La Regalade?)
Wed - Spring (or other modern French) lunch, picnic dinner
Thurs - Chez l'Ami Jean lunch, assembled dinner
Fri - falafel lunch, Le Comptoir (or Le Chateaubriand? Jadis?)
Sat - Bistro Paul Bert lunch, picnic dinner
- Price ranges - are all in the 50-70E range? which would be less, which more?
- I've gotten the impression that Chez Dumonet is a stand-out/must-do among the other options - true?
- In my head I've divided possible options into two categories: classic French (Le Gaigne, Les Papilles, La Regalade, Le Reminet, La Biche au Bois) and modern French (Spring, Frenchie, Le Comptoir, Le Chateaubriand, Jadis). Are these categories accurate, and if so, which of these choices would you consider the best of each group? Or am I missing something else you would recommend instead?
- Would any of the above be especially good for lunch (e.g. a great deal, good menu - I know Le Comptoir is completely different at lunch)
- For an oyster lunch, any thoughts on La Cagouille vs. La Rech vs. Huitrerie Regis?
- Other than Les Papilles and Spring, do any others have only one set menu?
- How far in advance do I need to reserve?
Thanks very much for your help! I promise to report back after the trip.
Updated 1 year ago | 34
Updated 1 year ago | 23
Updated 1 year ago | 1
Updated 6 months ago | 5
Updated 3 months ago | 7