A friend and Kansas-exiled native New Orleanian came in for a short vacation. I decided to try some Chowhound recommendations for our meals.
1. Charlies Seafood- Harahan Perfect stop for a Midwestern, seafood lover back in town--boiled crabs and shrimp perfectly seasoned and excellent fried shrimp. Great recommendation.
2. The Red Slipper- CBD cheap and good with an awesome Bloody Mary. Good recommendation
3. St James Cheese Company- wonderful cheesy food- service needs lots of work- Toss up
4. Restaurant August- Great food and service- Great recommendation
5. Johnny's Poboys- Excellent shrimp poboys- Great recommendation (The Spice and Tea Exchange of New Orleans next door, sells salts, peppers, herbs, and blends- awesome for the NOLA Foodie)
6.Palace Cafe-Horrible Food- returned 3 entrees- never again-Bad recommendation
7.Tommy's Cuisine - Really enjoyed Tommy's Great recommendation
Thanks everyone for their recommendations. You steered up in the right directions
301 Tchoupitoulas Street, New Orleans, LA 70130