Coming to Chicago next week. Staying downtown. Arriving Wednesday afternoon and departing early Saturday morning.
I'll be going to Fox & Obel in the downtown area to pick up things to eat and keep in the hotel. Someone said that the bakery counter was outstanding and that it was recently named by Bon Appetit magazine as one of the ten best bread bakeries in the country. Is there anything you recommend that would keep well in the room? www.fox-obel.com
Ina's - I'm not a pancakes person (he is), but the hash with poached eggs sounds really good.
FUN PLACES / EXCITING MENUS
* Girl and the Goat - be there at 4:30 when doors open - order 'pig face' - don't order dessert
* Purple Pig - open for lunch with same menu as they have for dinner - maybe late lunch at 2%3
* Lawry's for prime rib
* ? I think I need a better place for steak. I want to keep it authentic and old-school Chicago.
* ETA - Gibson's for steaks.
* Cafe Spiaggia
* Coco Pazzo
* Piccolo Sogno
* Uno - call them first with pizza order to avoid 45 mins for pizza - only eat at original location
HOT DOGS & ITALIAN BEEF SANDWICHES
* Portillo's - www.portillos.com
* Al's Beef - www.alsbeef.com
SOMETHING TO DO
I was looking for something interesting to do. I checked the Cubs' schedule, but they don't appear to be playing while I am in town. I've been to the museums and have done the boat tour. Last trip I saw the Million Dollar Quartet. Are there any good plays going on right now?
980 North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Coco Pazzo Cafe
636 N St Clair, Chicago, IL 60611
464 N Halsted, Chicago, IL 60622
Girl and the Goat
809 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60661
500 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
Updated 1 year ago | 22
Updated 1 year ago | 20
Updated 1 year ago | 23
Updated 1 year ago | 0
Updated 1 year ago | 13