What items have you found that are so good you order them through the mail instead of buying an alternate (and lesser quality) brand available locally??? We've gotten a few over the years:
1. Red wine vinegar from St Julien Winery in Paw Paw Michigan. I find their wines so so,but love their wine vinegar. (Was judging wine vinegar's at a wine competition a few years back and in its class this was the only double gold winner.)
2. BBQ sauce from Maurice's Piggy Park in Columbia, South Carolina (or at least we did before the current boycott over the flag)
3. Maryland Crab cakes from QVC. When I first heard about this source I laughed. But the person mentioning it grew up in Maryland and said these were the best he'd had since leaving home. Boy was he right! Expensive but worth every penny.
4. Black Raspberry Preserves from the Carolina Cherry Company. Just a small roadside stand between Beaufort and Savannah-but this stuff is the best I can ever recall having. Bursting with sweet fruit, great depth of flavor, long rich finish (sounds like a 67 Yquem(g)).
5. Hubs Peanuts from Virginia, Big, crisp and plump. I was never a big peanut fan until I tried these. (now available at some "Pier One" stores as well.)
Updated 2 years ago | 24
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 6
Updated 2 years ago | 11
Updated 10 months ago | 37