i've seen several interesting things walking around the city, but haven't noticed discussion here on CH, so i'm stealing this idea from the boston boards to have a place to share notes.
to kick it off:
- moshi moshi, the dim-looking sushi place on 18th between sansom and chestnut, has changed ownership and re-opened as numa. more info here, including an interesting bit about the business model: http://citypaper.net/blogs/mealticket...
- i saw some signage for another new sushi place on 20th, just south of walnut, across from the citizen's bank atm and eye candy. can't remember the name, and haven't been by it recently to check on progress.
- slate, the new american place on 21st south of chestnut (next to tampopo), appears to have closed as i passed by it yesterday. while it's normal for businesses to not open on MLK, their windows and door were papered up.
- falafel factory, which opened on 18th just a few months ago, appears to have closed in the past month. never went inside, but the samples they gave out around opening weren't great, and the place was always empty.
- pearl, the trendoid asian fusion / nightclub joint at 19th and chestnut closed a while back and just reopened as kokopelli, a southwestern small plates restaurant. more here: http://www.kokopelliphilly.com/index....
what else is shakin' in philly?