I had some Berryline yesterday afternoon and a Pinkberry this morning. I tried to sample JP Licks tart yogurt as well but their yogurt machine was down this morning (they clean it Monday a.m, FYI), so I can't place them.
flavors I had: at Berryline, a twist of original and honey graham; at PB, just the original; had both with fruit toppings
Here's why I won't return to Pinkberry but will go back to Berryline over and over:
1) Berryline has a much creamier mouthfeel than PB, despite also being nonfat.
2) Berryline is more tart/tangy than PB, but still plenty sweet (comparing original flavor in both places)
3) Pinkberry is too cold/icy; Berryline doesn't freeze you out, and feels like softserve. When PB melts, it gets liquidy around the edges, whereas Berryline seems to melt more evenly.
4) While flavor selection is greater at PB, their flavors blow---I sampled the new salted caramel and it tasted totally fake and disgusting; the chocolate was just so-so. In contrast, Berryline's honey graham flavor is awesome---tastes like real honey and real graham crackers (no chunks in it though).
5) Value is better at Berryline: small size is 5 ounces for $2.75, including toppings; PB "mini" is only 3 ounces, and costs $2.75 with toppings ($2.25 w/o toppings). Also, they give you less toppings at PB than at Berryline.
6) calories per ounce at Berryline (original) = 25; calories per ounce at PB (original) = 30.
I noticed online that the Newbury location of Berryline (which I haven't been to) offers 5 flavors, rather than the usual 3, including Nutella flavor. Must try!
Now on to JP Licks.
Updated 2 years ago | 13
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 2 years ago | 149
Updated 1 year ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 48