Our office is moving from Rockefeller Center to Sixth and Canal next week, which opens up a lot of eating options, but leaves me with a couple of questions. I'm familiar with a good number of post-work dining options and sit-down places, but need some suggestions for a couple of gaping culinary holes.
1) a place to get a decent morning bagel. nothing gourmet, just a basic bagel and/or coffee.
2) a reasonably good Chinese carryout. yes, i know it's a straight shot down Canal to Chinatown, and will probably take advantage of that more often than not, but are any of the ubiquitous delivery joints better than the others?
3) a good steam-table place for days when nothing but a big pile of goo will do.
4) carts or trucks that have a regular rotation spot within a few blocks?
5) a serviceable pastrami sandwich. i've managed to develop a soft spot for toasties, and a tolerance for lenny's....something on that level?
thanks in advance!